Tuesday, January 27, 2009

S.O.S.

Man have I had a rude awakening recently! I've learned so much from great ignorance on my part. I've always heard to heed other peoples' mistakes so that you don't make them yourself. Well I'll let you guys in on my own mistake, hoping that you'll heed my idiocy and run the opposite way.

It's no secret that I'm a Christian. If it wasn't obvious, now you know. I have banked my entire life on the sacrifice of Christ. He's my Savior and Rescuer. Before I became a Christian, I needed to be saved, to be rescued, and Christ fit that mold. But I think there's a tendency for people who've been rescued to forget. Forget what? I forgot that I didn't need a Savior just when I wasn't a Christian. I still need one today, and every day. In the words of Mr. Krabs from Spongebob, we need Jesus, "...the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day," (favorite episode! he does that for like five minutes...hilarious! moving on...)

My point is, don't make the mistake and forget that you need Christ daily, not just once and for all. Yes, His sacrifice was once and for all, but our sinful nature is still with us and we're needing to be rescued from it everyday. That fight against our flesh is hopeless without our Savior on our side. I forgot that and soon enough I was back into my old self. I forgot about my rescuer and I began to live like I was never rescued at all. And it's taking me great time and pain to get back to Him so please, please never forget our great God who saves, daily. Remember that without Him, we are nothing, we our hopeless, we are people drowning in our own selves. Please remember that it is Christ who rescued you and who rescues you. The cry of S.O.S., the plea for Christ to save our souls, should never cease in our daily prayers. Remember that there's never no need for a Savior.

2 comments:

The Blainemonster said...

Great words! I'm going to link to this post on our youth group's blog. Hope ya don't mind!

www.soulprojectwarehouse.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

No no, not at all. Thanks for the honor!